This is a special site for a special boy.
Please feel free to pray for him, ask about him, and connect with him through this blog!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thank You, Lord

I hope you guys don't think I'm trying to pull at your sympathy or anything when I speak about Ryan, because that's not my desire at all.

But the devil tries to perplex me with this situation, you know, he tries to dig at me and tries to tell me that if God really loved me, He wouldn't allow Ryan to go through the things he goes through. And I would be a liar if I tried to tell you that the devil didn't do that. But I just want the devil to know that I thank the Lord anyway. And I know that God's got Ryan in His hands. I just have to learn to trust in the Lord and know that there's nothing really that I can do anyway.

I just want the Lord to know that sometimes even when my head's hanging down, that I love Him anyway and I thank Him anyway.

I wish I could put it into words what it's like to love someone so much that your gut just hurts, and then have to stand to the side and just watch. It's very hard, but I'm sure it's harder for Ryan than it is for me. But, I have to rest and know that God truly loves Ryan more than I ever could.

I just want to tell the Lord, "Thank you." I was told Ryan wouldn't even live, not even a year, and this year, he'll be thirteen. But even if he had only lived a year and a day, that would be more than what anyone expected.

I don't want God to ever think that I'm complaining about taking care of Ryan because it's been the most wonderful experience. And I'll say it until I leave this world, that watching him and seeing him in the state he's in and in a way that is helpless, it truly does show me my condition without my Father.

Lord, I just love you tonight and I'm sorry if I get upset and I'm sorry if I ask questions.

And I ask you guys to forgive me if I seem like I'm downtrodden sometimes, I still have joy in my heart and I still love God with everything in me.

2 comments:

the nightingale said...

What a miracle! And such a sweet boy, I know he's very much still your baby. I try to stop by now as much as I can. What an intersting story!

Unknown said...

Stacy,

You are one of the most beautiful people I know. When Levi was in the hospital with all that he faced following his birth, the thought of you comforted me. It strengthened my spirit. It made me better prepared to fight the obstacles that threatened his health. By the grace of God, Levi is well, but the lessons I learned through his journey will stay with me for a lifetime. Thanks for being who you are. You are truly an inspiration!