This is a special site for a special boy.
Please feel free to pray for him, ask about him, and connect with him through this blog!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

About Brother...

YEAHHH!! We successfully moved Ryan into the den and fixed it up with all his special things. Of course, we set up camp in there with him as well. He is such a sweetheart. He has hiccupped for hours now, yet he just managed to give me the biggest Smile!( Boy, we could all learn from his perseverance and temperance. )

Yesterday and today have been a bit taxing on all of us. Brother's Hospice nurse and social worker came out to have a family meeting with us to prepare us all for what may be upcoming in the near future. (The Lord is the only one who truly knows.) Ryan listened to his radio in the bedroom during that meeting- for we do not want to ever say anything that may upset him or cause him any discomfort. That meeting was emotionally exhausting for every member involved.

It was nice that my children were so forthright with their answers and their feelings about Ryan. My kids have an outstanding relationship with both Ryan's nurse and his social worker. In fact, Ms. Jennifer (the nurse) has taken my children on outings, had them over for fun afternoons, and we were even privileged to be part of her wedding. That care and concern for them and for Brother have proven to be very beneficial all the way around. Adam, the social worker, has spent hours with my kids every month just being their friend and a shoulder to lean upon.

I wish I could say that Ryan was feeling good today, but unfortunately that is not the case. He has ran a fever, had hiccups, and multiple seizures. But, he's still smiling. I love him and his strength. Please continue to hold him up in prayer. The greatest thing that we can do for him is seek the will of the Lord for his life.

I want to thank all of you who have prayed and demonstrated support for our amazing little fellow. If you can, keep it up. Feel free to share information about yourself: blogs, phone numbers, addresses, etc. We would love to get to know you all!!

7 comments:

Mandy D. said...

I hope Ryan had a peaceful night . We are still praying for your family . Love ya !

Unknown said...

Glad you got everything moved out to the open area. I think that was a good idea.

As for Brother's smile.... it rocks my world! I LOVE THAT KID!!!!

Always Faith said...

I'm with Kelly, Brother has a GREAT smile. I hope he has a better day today!!! Love you all!!!!

the nightingale said...

That's sweet. A lesson for us all to bear our own sufferings with joy in our hearts. It's good he's with his family now. I'm sure he's happier with it that way.

Britt said...

Just wanted to let u know i'm praying for you guys. Love ya!

Unknown said...

I love you all and I'm praying for you. Sis. Stacy, I will try to give you a call on Saturday. You all are special to us.

Mormie said...

Hey 2d family of mine! I love u guys lots and u all mean a lot to me. Brother I admire u soooo much. u mean a lot 2 everyone who ever comes in contact with u or even just sees u! U be good for mommy a Sallie! Luv u bunches!