This is a special site for a special boy.
Please feel free to pray for him, ask about him, and connect with him through this blog!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Photogenic!!

I would like to apologize for taking so long in posting. A combination of computer glitches, scheduling, and mass hysteria all played a part in this delay. LOL!!

Ryan had about a week there when he was feeling very well. He had no hiccups, fever, sweats, etc. It was amazing. Unfortunately the relief was short lived. All of those crazy symptoms are here again. Yet, he smiles through it all. He's tough as a "pine-knot" as my Granny would say.

Last week, Ryan underwent some tests to rule-out possible causes for many of these symptoms. The main concern was that there may be a tumor in his adrenal gland: which would explain much of his situation as of late. Firstly, there had to be a urinalysis to detect specific components to indicate this tumor. Those were found in his urine and hence he was sent for a CAT scan. Thank God, his CAT scan came back normal.

His physicians believe that these symptoms are indicative of an overall neurological decline, not a condition or illness that requires medications or specific treatment. So, we are back to square #1, relieved that he is not facing some crazy surgery, but hopeless that there is nothing we can do but enjoy every moment with him.

Did you see his pictures? The day that he was scheduled for the scan, Sis.F was scheduled to come and do some pictures in our home with the family. I called her and told her that we could do it another day. NO WAY! She came, in spite of half of us being in pajamas, the house upside down, and all of us waiting on the doctor's office to call.

She was as cool as a cucumber and did a beautiful job getting some great pictures. (But, I have to admit that I have some good-lookin' kids)It is just like God to send a sweet spirit into the house (Sis. F) to take our minds off the test and back on happier tokens. Thanks Friend!!

Ryan was not shaken in the least. Drama does not affect him at all. You can see in his pictures that he was happy as a lark. His face shows me that his soul is not troubled over any of this world's worries: his physical condition included.

That's my little buddy... Ain't he cute??? When you think of his little face, you smile too.

8 comments:

Mandy D. said...

The pictures are awesome ! Ryan was co cute smiling ! You would never know you had a crazy day !

We are praying that God will continue to help and bless your family .

Always Faith said...

*smiles* ANYTIME! I'm really glad his CT came back okay and I'm glad I was able to do them for you all. I am so happy that they turned out good. *smiles* Love ya'll!

the nightingale said...

That's an amazing story...keep it up!

Mrs. Wendy Pacheco said...

Great pictures!!! Wonderful family and I am happy because Ryan looks really good in the picture and his smile is amazing!!!

Teresa said...

Awesome, Stace. Your the greatest!
I love you all.
I agree, I have been on the receiving end of Si. F. giving. She is wonderful! God is using her.

LeAnn said...

When I looked at these pictures all I could see is how you shine Ryan. The love and peace of God is upon you and shines in your face. We are praying for you Ryan and your whole family. With love
Sis. LeAnn

KC said...

I love all the pictures. Faith did a great job. Love you!!

Unknown said...

The family pictures are so beautiful, I cried. Pathetic, I know. Anyway, I love them.

Have been missing my little buddy. Counting down the days til I get to smooch his face.

Can't wait til Friday rolls around. Tell Brother I'm coming!!! *wink*

LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!!!