This is a special site for a special boy.
Please feel free to pray for him, ask about him, and connect with him through this blog!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Neuro Appointment and Greens

Ryan says to say, "Howdy" and that he feels GREAT today. We went to Asheville today to see Dr. H (Ryan's neurologist). Like Sunday, Ryan was acting silly and looking all over the place. He's had a haircut this week, which makes him even cuter. So besides looking cute and being very alert, Ryan was somewhat engaged in the conversation around him which certaily pleased his doc. (and of course, Me.)

Dr. H said that, to him, Ryan looked better today than he has in a long time. Thank the Lord. This is the same doctor that often has to give us bad news. I know he was happy to see Brother doing well, because I overheard him talking to a new person in the hallway about Ryan. He referred to Ryan as "one of my favorite patients". HEE, HEE!! He's my favorite too.

Next on the agenda is a developmental evaluation to try and expedite a new wheelchair order, which he desperately needs. Then, we are off again to Asheville for upcoming dental surgery. He's a pretty busy guy, right? Well, what do you expect, he's popular.

Are you guys gonna plant a garden? Boy, we are (Lord Willin'). Already we have peas, spinach, kale, collard greens, onions, lettuce, and potatoes in the ground. All but the taters are "gittin' with it". (Taters are slow, like me.) Friday we hope to plant corn, green beans, cucumbers, and squash. Tomorrow, I hope to start some bell pepper and tomato seeds inside. Sallie has an herb garden that she has started from seed this year. Cool right?

Dirt is awesome!! Everything that sustains this whole planet is dependent on dirt. AND WORMS ARE THE BOMB. Don't fish with'em. Throw 'em in the garden. They make everything grow like stink-weed. And SEEDS!!! Who would've ever thunk that a tiny seed could have enough sense to know whether or not its a corn, or a bean, or an apple tree? God is truly awesome. If nothing else can convince you of the intelligence and power of God, come and watch my garden go from dirt, worms, and little seeds to pounds of fresh food that is wholesome and wonderful.

Recipe for health: Dirt, seeds, and worms.

Add sunlight and water.

In just a bit... Meal after meal: fit for a king. (We are kings you know. The
Bible says we are a "royal
priesthood." So, we should eat
like it.)

Bye, I love 'yuns all.

2 comments:

Always Faith said...

Glad Ryan got a good report! that's awesome news! And I love getting the "fruits" of the garden, but I'm not a huge fan of all the work that goes into it. Like my poor cuke plants and one of my peppers that didn't quite make it through the cold spell. *sigh* They were covered, but I guess it just got a little too cold for them. My tomatoes survived though, along with one of the pepper plants and a cucumber so at least that's a little less that I have to replant. LOL! I do agree though...so fun to see seeds turn into plants turn into food! Yay for food. Love you guys TONS. Let me know if there's anything you need! =)

Teresa said...

Gardening,,,that's us.
Lovin Ryan, that's us too!